Churchill Jewelers Santa barbara California Fine Jewelers

History

Churchill Jewelers has been a local family owned Santa Barbara jewelry store since 1918. Established by Roy P. Churchill it was later purchased in 1951 by long time employee Dick Kern after he returned from the second world war. Dick had been in the Battle of the Bulge in Europe and upon returning to his hometown of Santa Barbara he hoped that he could resume his peacetime career with the store and people that he loved so much.

As it turned out Mr. Churchill was all too happy to have his loyal employee back, even to the point of assisting Dick in purchasing the business from him a few years later. And so in honor of Mr. Churchill and their relationship, Dick decided to keep the store name as is. Today Dick and his daughter Lexi own the store.